This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerRealMedleys #CollectiveBias
Are you a breakfast anytime of the day person? You are! Then you are my foodie BFF. I love breakfast food. When I haven’t made it to the grocery store for any number of reasons (toddler, baby, tired, I forgot, etc.) I can always count on having just about any ingredients necessary for breakfast. This Baked Eggs recipe is a perfect example. And because I need extra calories due to breastfeeding, I add a Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cup on the side. Sometimes I add bread too! Yes it’s that serious.
So about these baked eggs…
Get all your ingredients in place.
Cook the onions and mushrooms in olive oil for 3-5 minutes then add the garlic.
Add the tomatoes, milk and season.
If using add the cooked bacon, then add 4 eggs in shallow holes. The goal is to keep the yolks from breaking. Notice than one broken yolk? It was all good anyway so don’t stress if it happens.
Baked it up in the oven for 20 minutes or more. I like my eggs firm so I went a little longer. You can try a shorter time for a cooked but runny yolk.
It’s time to eat!
Can you believe there’s been nothing like this before? It’s the first shelf staple yogurt, fruit and granola in a cup. It’s easy to prepare. Just add 1/2 cup of cold milk, stir, wait a few minutes and eat. It’s that simple plus with 25 grams of whole grains and 10 grams of protein, it’s satisfying too. It’s about time!
You can find it in the cold cereal aisle at your local Walmart.
I tasted the strawberry and the apple cups at an in-store demo while shopping for my recipe ingredients. Want more ideas for this “Crunchy, Cool, Yum” yogurt, download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive information tutorials on Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups.
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/4 Red onion diced
- 4 White mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 Clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup spinach
- 2 Tomatoes, large dice or 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 Mixed cheddar cheese
- 3-4 Slices cooked bacon (optional)
- 1/4 milk (optional)
- 1/4 water (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook onions and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes then add garlic.
- Add tomatoes, milk and water (or canned tomatoes) and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt then add eggs with yolks intact to four shallow holes.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or more for firm eggs.
- Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt then garnish with fresh basil.